To support all aspects of the work of the Leisure department. Specifically taking responsibilities on the young learner programme; ensuring the maximum enjoyment and safety of students in school and on activities.
- Location: Paignton
- Division: LAL Torbay
- Contract length: Seasonal
Location: LAL Torbay, Paignton, Devon
Line Manager: Operations Manager
Hours of work/contract type: Temporary contract. Seasonal work. From approx. 1st July for 5 – 9 weeks
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Support the Leisure department in any work required.
· Support the provision of a full, varied and interesting activities programme for children attending courses at LAL Torbay.
· Deputise as Team Leader as necessary.
· Assist students on activities and support the work of the Team Leader.
· Ensure enjoyment and safety of students at all times.
· Support arrival, departure and transfer of clients to and from the airport as necessary.
· Meet and greet students on arrival as and when required.
· Remain friendly and professional to all LAL students, partners and third party suppliers.
· Liaise with International group leaders, team leaders and welfare staff over any issues a student might have.
· Where necessary take young learners to the hospital and doctors appointments.
· When required assist young learners in host family moves.
· Any additional tasks assigned by your line manager assigned by your line manager.
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- Leisure, entertainment, guide or activity work
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Able to communicate with people on all levels
- Friendly and outgoing
- Strong Customer Service ethic
- Able to work as part of a team
- Remains calm under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative
- A Level of equivalent
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English
- Knowledge of local area
- Enhanced DBS disclosure – clear (or willingness to undergo Disclosure check)
- Available to work flexible hours
- Driving licence
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.