LAL, having recently celebrated over 30 years in the industry, is a well-established, international English language provider for adults and juniors, supported by a large German parent company. We are looking for an enthusiastic Student Services Welfare Co-ordinator for our school in Twickenham to directly focus on the smooth running and day to day tasks in relation to Student Accommodation and Welfare.
Student Services Welfare Co-ordinator
LAL London, Twickenham, Greater London
This role is to undertake the day-to-day tasks regarding the accommodation and welfare of students. To ensure all students have appropriate accommodation which meets their expectations.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To support the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of operations at LAL London.
- To support LAL’s international sales team, CSMs and other relevant parties to deliver swift and accurate information to agents in line with LAL’s response time protocols.
- To ensure the provision of welfare to students at LAL London is in keeping with client expectations, contract limitations, published provisions as well as HSE/British Council/Accreditation UK/English UK requirements.
- To manage homestay accommodation and student residences and ensure the standard of provision remains high.
- Liaise with third party providers, residence managers and cleaning providers, and book cleaning services for all LAL London residences.
- To deal with availability requests promptly and book students into accommodation prior to their arrival.
- To meet and greet students on arrival at the school and at LAL’s accommodation when required.
- Ensure services provided to students are delivered to a high standard at all times.
- To arrange any student moves and accompany them if necessary.
- To liaise with homestay hosts and homestay providers to find appropriate solutions to students’ problems.
- To ensure all accommodation provisions are in line with the British Council requirements and carry out regular spot checks.
- To inform all accommodation providers of arrival and departure times for all students.
- To process accommodation payments and deal with any queries or problems.
- To deal with enquiries from students and international group leaders.
- To deal with student welfare needs, for example, to arrange doctor/dentist/hospital/police appointments as required and accompany students as/when required.
- Conduct regular Health and Safety checks and Risk Assessments.
- To be a designated fire warden and first aider.
- To read and be fully conversant with at the start of the period of employment, and to keep up-to-date with, all pertinent legal & British Council/Accreditation English UK requirements.
- To become fully conversant with relevant HR procedures including Child Protection legislation.
- Keep abreast of all relevant UK legislation and regulations in relation to homestays.
- Maintain efficient and effective record-keeping to a high standard and ensure that all accommodation documentation is up to date, accurate, organised and accessible.
- Administrate applicable electronic resources and database information to a standard that matches corporate expectations.
- To be proactive in encouraging communication between relevant parties and ensure that tasks are seen through to their conclusion.
- To be vigilant in providing and creating improvements to all aspects of the welfare department remit.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Support the leisure and transfers departments.
- Cover reception duties when required.
- Open and close the school and cover the emergency line on a rota basis.
- To carry out any additional duties assigned by LAL London Management.
- GCSE Maths and English pass or above, or equivalent
- Administrative work in an school office environment
- Experience of using full range of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of working with young people
- Customer Service experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail even in busy periods
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- A methodical and organised approach to work
- Outstanding customer service commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Enhanced DBS clearance. Suitability to work with children
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to work non-standard hours when necessary
- Flexible approach to work
- Friendly and approachable manner
- University degree in any discipline
- Qualification related to welfare or social work
- First Aid certificate
- Safeguarding certificate
- Safer recruitment certificate
- Fire Safety certificate
- Experience working in a similar position
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English