The Company and Role
LAL Language Centers, having recently celebrated over 36 years in the language travel industry, is a well-established, international English language training provider for adults and juniors in England, South Africa, Malta and the United States, supported by a large German parent company. LAL Fort Lauderdale, located a few miles north of downtown Fort Lauderdale, has been teaching English to both foreign and local students for over 26 years.
We are looking for a Customer Service Manager for our operation in Fort Lauderdale, to assist and support our International Sales team and the local operation to ensure that direct enquiries to LAL schools are managed quickly and efficiently. The Customer Service Manager’s role is to coordinate and manage various lines of communication, both internally and externally, whilst also managing other important team tasks required to help manage the schools sales needs. The successful applicant will liaise and work with our Student Services and Academic Managers under the management of the school’s General Manager.
Applicants must have experience in both a customer service management role and a sales and marketing roles in a middle-sized or larger company.
This is an exciting and fast paced position in the language training industry.
Essential Criteria for Candidates:
- have proven experience in customer service management, and sales and marketing
- be fluent in written and spoken English
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- be able to work on their own initiative and as a part of a team
- have experience using the full range of the Microsoft Office Suite
- be willing to work non-standard hours
Desirable Criteria for Candidates:
- speak and write at least one language other than English
- have experience in the language travel industry
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Initiate and finalise quotes for both group and individual enquiries and lend support following enquiries initiated by other parties.
- Liaise with all departments in the school to ensure all necessary provision is in place to meet customer expectations.
- Liaise with individual customers, International Group Leaders, ETOs and ETAs in situ as required.
- Gather market intelligence as directed by the Head of Marketing.
- Provide the Marketing Department with regular updates for company media, publications and statistics.
- Organize and participate in agent visits and familiarisation-trips.
- Monitor and provide reports on school statistics.
- Follow up, review and enact upon student and group leader feedback.
- Support the Marketing Department with promotional campaigns.
- Ensure marketing materials are current and available in situ.
- Provide support to the Sales and Marketing Departments including brochure orders, booking of and preparation of workshops.
- Apply optimum customer service techniques when responding to enquires and complaints from students, host families, group leaders and work agents and other stakeholders.
- Support the Student Services Department with student arrivals and in arranging emergency appointments and accompanying students as required.
- Monitor the quality of service provided to students both inside the school and on outside activities/excursions.
- Cover the emergency phone on a rota basis.
- Any additional duties as required by the business.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Experience in a Client Relationship management role
- Experience in a Sales and Marketing role for a middle sized company or larger
- Experience of using full range of Microsoft Office Suite
- Language School Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Strong Customer Service ethic
- Ability to speak and write in key languages other than English
- Willingness to work non-standard office hours when necessary
- Willingness to undergo background check)
- Driver’s licence