LAL, having recently celebrated over 30 years in the industry, is a well-established, international English language provider for adults and juniors, supported by a large German parent company. We are looking for a Deputy Business Development Manager to help in the management of growth in business primarily from South Korea, into our adult and young learner centres in England, Malta, South Africa, the United States and Ireland, as well as support the growth of business into our partner centres.
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Seoul - South Korea
- Division: LAL Language Centres Holding Ltd
- Contract length: Permanent
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support in delivering annual sales targets for South Korea & support delivering sales in other Asian countries if/ when required.
- Assist in Increasing International Sales from the Territories by Identifying and contractually engaging new and suitable clients and customers both directly and via third parties from the appointed territories.
- Maintain and develop existing / and new client and customer network, relationships and database by communicating with existing agent accounts and delivering high level of customer service.
- Provide accurate, regular and relevant market intelligence within your territory.
- Assist in building and developing strong relationships with agents institutions as well LAL’s reservation team and schools.
- Supporting marketing activities – creating marketing material in Korean, or other spoken languages relating to your territory.
- Managing LAL’s social media activities in Korean should you be required.
- Supporting Head of Regional Business Development in marketing LAL in other Asia countries if required.
- Sustaining the highest levels of liaison, administrative and customer service to clients and customers so as to maintain enduring and productive business relationships.
- Attend, participate and represent LAL at B2B fairs, workshops and events within your territory and / or provide cover where necessary.
- Undertaking international travel to and from and within the territory, and to destinations where LAL has business interests as required.
- Generally support the administration of the company by: Liaising closely with relevant personnel from a range of LAL departments for the purposes of meeting customer and client expectations.
- Managing and abiding by the constraints of territory budgets.
- Supporting in the collection of due debt.
- Complying with the relevant codes of conduct and protocols.
- Based in country – South Korea, preferably Seoul.
- Education, Training and Knowledge.
- Previous experience in a similar role recruiting students through a B2B network.
- Proven success in increasing student recruitment onto Adult and / or Young Learner programmes for a similar organisation.
- High customer service ethic.
- Self-motivated, target and results driven.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours when necessary.
- Native Korean speaker & ability to communicate in English.
- Degree qualification or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of the student recruitment process in the UK, USA, Malta and/ or generally.
- Knowledge of Class and Microsoft systems.
- Established relationships with agencies in the region.
30 hours / week
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying. You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.