To support the Design department in producing marketing, display and student materials and maintaining the corporate image of the company.
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Paignton
- Division: LAL Language Centres Holding Ltd
- Contract length: Maternity Cover
LAL Torbay, Conway Road, Paignton
Hours of work/contract type:
Maternity cover, 37.5 hours per week, fixed term contract for approx. 6 months.
Start date – mid April 2018 until November 2018 (dates subject to change)
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist with development and delivery of LAL Language Centres brochure & pricelist, with provisions for any versions offering differing languages and currencies
- Assist with development and delivery of branded student-facing materials
- Assist with advertisements for the Language Travel Magazine and other publications
- Providing advice on behalf of the group to ensure delivery and consistency of the company’s corporate image as it affects merchandise, signage, stationery, e-stationery, business cards, publications & livery
- Sourcing of centrally-purchased marketing materials.
- Researching and sourcing images for publicity materials.
- Catalogue and maintain the photo library
- Any additional duties as required by the business
- A Level Standard or equivalent
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Experience in Publishing
- Experience in web manipulation
- Experience of usage of Microsoft Office Suite
- Use of professional publishing software, including Adobe Indesign
- Use of graphic manipulation and illustration software, e.g. Illustrator and Photoshop or similar
- Experience of graphic design
- Experience of working in a similar position
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to lay out information clearly, accurately and attractively
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English
- Understanding of print processes
- Willingness to work non-standard hours when necessary
- Willing and responsive to internal customer requests
- Excellent organisational skills
- Occasional travel between sites in the UK and abroad may be required
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.