To provide full guided tours for all students and to undertake airport transfers. Make all tours varied and interesting for the students whilst ensuring the safe welfare of the students at all times.
This position is an annualized hours contract for 18 hours per week on average.
Applicants must have a full clean driving licence (D1 classification with a PSV entitlement)
- Salary: £8.36 per hour
- Location: Paignton
- Division: LAL Torbay
- Contract length: Part Time
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure that the vehicle, whether company or chartered, is checked for road worthiness before each journey.
- Collect all relevant information and documentation needed for each tour or airport transfer from office.
- Clean and re-fuel as required before and/or after use.
- Remain friendly and professional to all LAL students, partners and third party suppliers.
- Ensure enjoyment and safety of students at all times.
- Provide an informative service on each tour.
- Drive within the guidelines and laws of the country. Note that any penalty notice or fine incurred by the driver due to negligence on the part of the driver will be paid by the driver.
- Take sales staff on visits of the local area and to the summer schools with agents.
- Report immediately any vehicle faults or accidents to the line manager or the Operations Manager both verbally and in writing.
- Any additional duties as required by the business.
Essential Education, Training and Knowledge
- a) Full clean driving licence (D1 classification with a PSV entitlement) (A/I)
- b) Drivers CPC (A/I)
- c) GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English (A/I)
Skills and abilities
- a) Good level of spoken English (A/I)
- b) To be able to communicate with people on all levels (A/I)
- c) Organised (A/I)
- d) Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team (A/I)
- e) Calm under pressure (A/I)
- f) Friendly and outgoing (A/I)
- g) Commitment to providing excellent customer service (A/I)
- a) Enhanced DBS clearance, or willingness to obtain, suitability to work with children (A/I)
- b) Willingness to work flexible hours, evening and weekend work. (A/I)
Desirable Education, Training and Knowledge
- a) First Aid certificate (A)
- b) A level standard or equivalent
Relevant Work Experience
- a) Experience working in a similar position. (A/I)
Skills and abilities
- a) Ability to speak in languages other than English (A/I)
- b) Good knowledge of local area (A/I)