Host Homes needed in Berkhamsted
We are looking for Host Homes to offer bed, breakfast and two evening meals per week between 10 July and 21 August 2016 (full availability is not required).
We pay £125 per student per week for hosting up to four students with a maximum of two sharing a room.
Our students study at Berkhamsted School all day and five evenings a week. We pick the students up each morning and bring them back each evening at around 10pm. You only need to spend two evenings per week with our students. Their busy timetable means our Host Home programme suits most lifestyles and schedules.
LAL runs excellent English language courses that are accredited by the British Council. We are looking for friendly households to become hosts for students aged 13 to 17, from countries all over the world.
For more information, please contact LAL Summer Schools:
Phone Juan Chacon on 020 8891 9928 or e-mail email@example.com
- Round-the-clock support from qualified LAL staff.
- All student transfers to and from airports.
- Transport to and from school.
- Full programme pre-arranged for our students during the day.
- Five evening meals per week.
- An extra £25 when you recommend a friend and you both host through the summer.
What’s great about being a host with LAL?
- Be part of the life experience of an international student.
- Help a student to better their English language skills.
- Learn about different cultures.
- Earn £125 per student per week.
- Income from hosting is often tax-free.
What do Host Families provide?
- A friendly household where students can speak English and be ‘part of the family’.
- A suitable bedroom, study space and access to a bathroom.
- Bed, breakfast and two evening meals each week.
What will LAL do for hosts and students?
- 24-hour support for families and students.
- £25 bonus if you recommend a friend and you both host for us.
- Prompt weekly payments straight into your bank account.
- Students will be entertained at school all day and every evening.
How do households become hosts?
- Fill in the application form
- If you have any queries, just give us a call on (020) 8891 9928
- We’ll visit you to explain hosting and make sure that it’s right for you and your home and assist you with a CRB/DBS check.
Tax free earnings with Rent a Room
Wondering how earning money from hosting students can be tax free? The first £7,500 earned by hosting students (or other paying guests) is often tax-free under the Rent a Room scheme. There’s more information at www.gov.uk/rent-room-in-your-home/the-rent-a-room-scheme