We are seeking a highly skilled and talented Front-End developer to play a key role leading the implementation of our company’s new technology driven marketing and product mandate. As a Front-End to Full Stack Developer, you will be highly experienced in building rich client-side experiences but can hack internal tools or systems and build back-end solutions when needed. You will develop for all client platforms including responsive websites, web apps and native mobile apps. You will be involved in the development of new client-facing features as well as hacking on internal tools or systems.
You will work collaboratively in a new, fast-paced “start-up-creative-agency hybrid” team, which sits within an established multi-national company, building solutions to empower our digital marketing initiatives.
2nd Floor Twining House
43-57 London Road
Head Of Marketing
Hours of work/contract type:
Full time, Permanent
Flexible Working Hours, with a minimum requirement of 3 days per week in the office
To apply please include a brief cover letter that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Applicants should have their own website (on their own domain).
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: LAL
- Contract length: Permanent
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
Build and integrate our marketing technology stack:
- Marketing Tracking
- API integrations
- Third-Party tools integration solutions
- Marketing Automation
Development and back-end maintenance of our subscription website, marketing micro-sites and online learning platform
- Reporting to Head of Marketing, you will work together with our Senior Interactive Designer to deliver highly engaging, best-in-class digital experiences.
- Follow industry best practices to write well designed, efficient code and/or adapt existing libraries to meet business requirements, focusing on user experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the design team
- Assist in training our website manager to use the CMS solution you delivered
- Collaborate with the CIO and Product team to implementing interactive learning platforms and build our mobile app.
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by your line manager
- You will have a strong interactive development background and a love for building rich engaging web applications.
- Able to write semantic HTML and well structured, maintainable CSS/SCSS and are comfortable working anywhere in the stack.
- Quick to learn new technologies, languages and frameworks
- A proven solutions builder with a verifiable portfolio of large-scale websites and web applications.
- Your portfolio should showcase full gamut of required development languages.
- 1st or 2nd degree or equivalent
- Masters level degree or equivalent
Experience Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the global education industry
- Mobile platform development
- XML and JSON
- Experience with user interface / visual layout development
- Implementing Google Analytics for a large enterprises
- Creating databases, use of APIs, and integrating simple web sites with existing applications for dynamic content integration
- Creating data layers and working with Tag Management solutions
- Experience (and portfolio showing) building large scale multi-function website from concept to delivery
- E-commerce development
- WordPress or other CMS customization
- Various CMS integrations and custom builds
- Ability to take comps from Sketch or Photoshop to break down assets into live sites
- Ability to implement or to learn to implement, a high quality CMS, possible from Adobe.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver, able to execute vision into final deliverables.
- Excellence-focused attitude, you are very competitive and continuously strive to the best in your field.
- Appreciation for entrepreneurship. Long-term vision. Maturity, patience and strength to see projects through to delivery.
- High-performance mind-set, highly driven, able to handle start-up-like high pressure environment.
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills, with ability to present to senior stake-holders.
- Personable, sociable and good people skills.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines; with excellent time management skills
- Able to shift projects with changing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly, conduct research, assimilate information and turn thoughts into deliverables.