Assisting the Chief Information Officer, working as part of the LAL Language Centres Group (LALLC) IT Support, and in liaison with protocols and standards of the LALLC and FTi group, to provide secure and reliable IT and network services, while managing the day to day operations and administration of the IT Support department.
Twickenham or Paignton
Chief Information Officer
Hours of work/contract type:
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Twickenham or Paignton
- Division: LALLC
- Contract length: Permanent
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist in Providing 1st and 2nd line support on all aspects of IT for all LAL sites.
- Take ownership of all day to day administration and operations of the IT Department.
- Manage and support the IT Support Specialist team
- Deal with Contracts for external providers and suppliers.
- Liaise with internal accounts service department for invoices and billing.
- In consultation with the Chief Information Officer, arrange purchases and installation of new systems (hardware and Software).
- Maintain the integrity and functionality of the LALLC network in line with Fti’s IT and Network policies.
- Adhere to the guidelines, protocols and procedures as outlined by FTi in regards to the corporate network and servers.
- Adhere to the requirements and obligations as detailed in any Service Level Agreements that exist between LALLC and its partners and/or collaborators.
- In consultation with the Chief Information Officer, assist in, set-up and supervise usage protocols on the company’s hardware and software applications.
- Co-ordinate the commonality of user standards of use across the group.
- Provide advice, support and assist in the installation and maintenance of office copiers, printers, video and audio hardware and software applications.
- Assist in maintaining the student network, including Wi-Fi and cabled systems.
- To follow up and monitor IT service delivered.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- 1st Degree or equivalent in Science or Maths
- Computing related qualification
- IT support role for an SME
- Proficiency in desktop software
- Small team Management
- Administration, purchasing, budget ownership
- IT support role for a medium sized company
- Working in an educational environment
- Proficiency in networking and communications
- International corporate communications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Able to explain technical solutions clearly and unambiguously to customers at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and be comfortable making decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English
- Linux server admin
- WordPress admin/development
- Infospeed Class
- Ubiquiti Wireless/Cabled networks
- Amazon Web services
- Office 365
- Good organisational skills
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills, with ability to present to senior stake-holders. Personable, sociable and good people skills
- Temperament to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly, assimilate information.
- Highly analytical and able to offer an insight into findings.
- excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
- Ability to shift projects with changing priorities
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver.