The Company and Role
LAL, having recently celebrated over 30 years in the industry, is a well-established, international English language provider for adults and juniors, supported by a large German parent company.
We are looking for a Group IT & Network Manager to oversee and manage all aspects of IT support for the company. The successful person will be based at our office in Twickenham and will be overall responsible for supporting all of our centres in England, South Africa and the United States, as well as our summer schools.
You will be familiar in working within global company IT networks and have had a similar role in another company. You will work alongside and report to the Chief Information Officer to provide secure and reliable IT and network services, while managing the day-to-day operations and administration of the IT Support Team across all sites.
This is an exciting new role for you to make an impact on a growing organisation by leading, supporting and developing your team. Your role will touch on all areas of business and you will work to standards and protocols of LALLC and FTi group and ensure consistency of standards across LALLC.
You will have a consultative, problem resolution, positive approach. Nothing will be too much trouble for you to help our people carry out their roles efficiently and effectively and for the students to get the maximum from learning using the IT and network systems. Your approach in managing contracts and service level agreements will be to act in LALLC’s best interest at all times.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist in Providing 1st and 2nd line support on all aspects of IT for all LAL sites.
- Take ownership of all day to day administration and operations of the IT Department.
- Manage and support the IT Support Specialist team
- Deal with Contracts for external providers and suppliers.
- Liaise with internal accounts service department for invoices and billing.
- In consultation with the Chief Information Officer, arrange purchases and installation of new systems (hardware and Software).
- Maintain the integrity and functionality of the LALLC network in line with Fti’s IT and Network policies.
- Adhere to the guidelines, protocols and procedures as outlined by FTi in regards to the corporate network and servers.
- Adhere to the requirements and obligations as detailed in any Service Level Agreements that exist between LALLC and its partners and/or collaborators.
- In consultation with the Chief Information Officer, assist in, set-up and supervise usage protocols on the company’s hardware and software applications.
- Co-ordinate the commonality of user standards of use across the group.
- Provide advice, support and assist in the installation and maintenance of office copiers, printers, video and audio hardware and software applications.
- Assist in maintaining the student network, including Wi-Fi and cabled systems.
- To follow up and monitor IT service delivered.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- 1st Degree or equivalent in Science or Maths
- Computing related qualification
- IT support role for an SME
- Proficiency in desktop software
- Small team Management
- Administration, purchasing, budget ownership
- IT support role for a medium sized company
- Working in an educational environment
- Proficiency in networking and communications
- International corporate communications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Able to explain technical solutions clearly and unambiguously to customers at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and be comfortable making decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English
- Linux server admin
- WordPress admin/development
- Infospeed Class
- Ubiquiti Wireless/Cabled networks
- Amazon Web services
- Office 365
- Good organisational skills
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills, with ability to present to senior stake-holders. Personable, sociable and good people skills
- Temperament to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly, assimilate information.
- Highly analytical and able to offer an insight into findings.
- excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
- Ability to shift projects with changing priorities
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver.