LAL, having recently celebrated over 30 years in the industry, is a well-established, international English language provider for adults and juniors, supported by a large German parent company. We are looking for a talented Leisure and Welfare Assistant who’s job will be to ensure the smooth running of student leisure and welfare at our school in Paignton, LAL Torbay.
LAL Torbay, Conway Road, Paignton, TQ4 5LH
This role is to undertake the day-to-day tasks regarding all aspects relating to the leisure programmes and services offered within the, with focus on assisting student welfare and supporting the accommodation function of the department.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop, plan and organise high quality leisure programmes for all students
- Liaise with external individuals and organisations (such as the coach companies, airport representatives, host families, group leaders, external leisure providers, etc) regarding all issues related to leisure.
- Responsible for the supervision of activity leaders.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with International Group Leaders.
- Maintain records and ensure appropriate amounts of leisure equipment.
- Ensure all supervision requirements for arrivals and departures are covered including the meet and greet of students on arrival.
- Undertake and monitor risk assessment for all activities.
- To promote and sell the adult excursions within the school.
- To organise and promote extra-curricular events in the school.
- Keep events and excursions on our noticeboards and digital platforms up to date.
- Ensure all enquiries for quotes, bespoke programmes and availability are responded to quickly.
- Run the leisure programmes as cost effectively as possible.
- Look for and process new leisure options for students
- Support students welfare needs
- Liaise with host families to find appropriate solutions to the students’ problems.
- Liaise with International Group Leaders with regard to the welfare of the students in their charge.
- Keep financial records up to date
- Check and process provider invoices
- Arrange any student moves and accompany them if necessary.
- To liaise with external individuals and organisations (such as airport representatives, accommodation providers, social services, emergency services, etc.) over all issues related to the welfare of students.
- To arrange doctor/dentist/hospital/police appointments as required and accompany students as/when required.
- Provide cover for emergency line on a rota basis.
- To meet and greet students on arrival when required.
- GCSE Maths and English pass or above or equivalent
- General office administration experience
- Experience of use full range of Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well organised
- Able to make rational decisions under pressure
- Responsible and reliable
- Calm under pressure
- Customer Service qualifications
- University degree in any discipline
- First Aid certificate
- Experience working in a similar position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Full driving license
Competitive Salary – Please enquire for further details