LAL Torbay is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and energetic individual to provide full guided tours for all students and to undertake airport transfers. The successful person should make all tours varied and interesting for the students whilst ensuring the safe welfare of the students at all times.
Candidates must have the below as part of their driving licence:
- Full clean driving licence with a D1 classification and PSV entitlement – without a ‘101 restriction’ next to it (Not for Hire or Reward)
- Drivers CPC
LAL Torbay, Paignton
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure that the vehicle, whether company or chartered, is checked for roadworthiness before each journey.
- Collect all relevant information and documentation needed for each tour or airport transfer from office.
- Clean and re-fuel as required before and/or after use.
- Remain friendly and professional to all LAL students, partners and third party suppliers.
- Ensure enjoyment and safety of students at all times.
- Provide an informative service on each tour.
- Drive within the guidelines and laws of the country. Note that any penalty notice or fine incurred by the driver due to negligence on the part of the driver will be paid by the driver.
- Take sales staff on visits of the local area and to the summer schools with agents.
- Report immediately any vehicle faults or accidents to the line manager or the Operations Manager both verbally and in writing.
- Any additional duties as required by the business.
- Full clean driving licence (D1 classification with a PSV entitlement)
- Drivers CPC
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- Good level of spoken English
- To be able to communicate with people on all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Calm under pressure
- Friendly and outgoing
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Enhanced DBS clearance, or willingness to obtain, suitability to work with children
- Willingness to work flexible hours, evening and weekend work
- First Aid certificate
- A level standard of equivalent
- Experience working in a similar position
- Ability to speak in languages other than English
- Good knowledge of local area
Job Type: Permanent with full or part time hours depending on the time of year.