LAL, having recently celebrated over 30 years in the industry, is a well-established, international English language provider for adults and juniors, supported by a large German parent company. We are looking for a talented Office & Student Services Assistant whose job will be to take on all Office related responsibilities and also assist within the Student Services Department.
To take responsibility for office/financial/facilities/payroll management duties and to support the Student Services Department.
LAL Fort Lauderdale, 5727 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Office Assistant: General Manager
Student Services: Student Services Manager
Hours of work/contract type:
40 hours per week, full-time exempt
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To undertake the banking as necessary and maintain cash balances as low as reasonable so as to minimise risks for the company. Submit daily and weekly reports to FTIAS (Malta).
- To manage receipts and payments relating to the company credit cards. To understand all transactions. To proactively chase card holders for receipts and justification forms.
- To make Petty Cash payments and reconcile monies.
- To pay suppliers and manage invoices in a timely manner.
- Manage receipts and payments. Scrutinise deposits and payments. Proactively avoid queries.
- Submit monthly sales tax payments.
- To answer any queries from accountants on relevant matters.
- To take responsibility for stock taking.
- Management of all service contracts. To collate this information into a database and manage renewals.
- Responsible for all admin/stationery purchases.
- Collection of Direct Student Debt and chasing of all outstanding invoices.
- Preparation, administration and submission of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain a calendar of events for office deadlines.
- Provide support for budgeting and forecasting.
- To manage school in conjunction with the General Manager, including building maintenance, cleaning and purchases/contracts.
- To manage reception when required.
- Provide excellent standard of Customer Service to students, visitors and fellow colleagues.
- To inform all accommodation providers with arrival and departure times for all students.
- Support recruitment and management of new host families.
- Support the provision of adequate administrative and record keeping function for the Student Services Department.
- Support the activities of the leisure department.
- Provide cover for emergency phone as/when required.
- To perform any additional duties assigned by the Student Services Manager and/or General Manager not detailed above.