This role is to undertake the day-to-day tasks regarding all aspects relating to student services within the school
- Salary: £8.00 Per hour
- Location: Paignton
- Division: Lal Torbay
- Contract length: Seasonal
Hours of work/contract type:
Temporary – 2nd May to 1st September 2017
37.5 hours per week (including evenings and weekends)
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To support all areas of Student Services
- Liaise with host families to find appropriate solutions to the students’ problems.
- To inspect existing and new host families according to the British Council regulations where needed.
- To support the recruitment of new host families.
- To book students into accommodation prior to their arrival.
- Deal with availability requests promptly.
- To ensure host family literature related to Welfare and accommodation is current and available.
- Liaise with International Group Leaders with regard to the welfare of the students in their charge.
- Arrange any student moves and accompany them if necessary.
- To meet and greet students on arrival.
- To liaise with external individuals and organisations (such as airport representatives, accommodation providers, social services, emergency services, etc.) over all issues related to the welfare of students.
- To provide adequate administration and record keeping relating to Welfare and Accommodation.
- To arrange doctor/dentist/hospital/police appointments as required and accompany students as/when required.
- Provide cover for emergency line on a rota basis.
- Follow all the disciplinary procedures for students when necessary.
- To produce the weekly adult excursion programmes and relevant paperwork
- To promote and sell the adult excursions within the school.
- To keep events and excursions on LAL Advantage up to date.
- Promote activities within the school on social media.
- Any additional duties required by the business.
¨ a) GCSE Maths and English pass or above or equivalent (A)
¨ a) General office administration experience (A/I)
¨ b) Experience of use full range of Microsoft Office Suite (A/I)
¨ c) Customer Service experience (A/I)
¨ a) Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team (A/I)
¨ b) Excellent customer service skills (A/I)
¨ c) Well organised (A/I)
¨ d) Able to make rationale decisions under pressure (A/I)
¨ e) Responsible and reliable (A/I)
¨ f) Enhanced DBS clearance. Suitability to work with children (A/I)
¨ a) Customer Service qualifications (A)
¨ b) University degree in any discipline (A)
¨ c) First Aid certificate (A)
¨ a) Experience working in a similar position. (A/I)
¨ a) Ability to speak and write in languages other than English (A/I)
¨ b) Full driving license