This role is to undertake the day-to-day tasks regarding all aspects relating to student services within the school
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Paignton
- Division: LAL Torbay
- Contract length: Temporary
Hours of work/contract type:
Temporary – 2nd April to 14th September 2018
37.5 hours per week (including evenings and weekends)
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To support all areas of Student Services
- Liaise with host families to find appropriate solutions to the students’ problems.
- To inspect existing and new host families according to the British Council regulations where needed.
- To support the recruitment of new host families.
- To book students into accommodation prior to their arrival.
- Deal with availability requests promptly.
- Liaise with International Group Leaders with regard to the welfare of the students in their charge.
- Arrange any student moves and accompany them if necessary.
- To meet and greet students on arrival.
- To liaise with external individuals and organisations (such as airport representatives, accommodation providers, social services, emergency services, etc.) over all issues related to the welfare of students.
- To arrange doctor/dentist/hospital/police appointments as required and accompany students as/when required.
- Provide cover for emergency line on a rota basis.
- To provide adequate administration and record keeping relating to all aspects of student services
- Liaise with external individuals and organisations (such as the coach company, airport representatives, host families, group leaders, external leisure providers etc) regarding all issues related to leisure.
- Follow all the disciplinary procedures for students when necessary.
- Confirm third party provider bookings for excursions and activities
- To produce the weekly adult excursion programmes and relevant paperwork
- To promote and sell the adult excursions within the school.
- Promote activities within the school on social media.
- Any additional duties required by the business.
- GCSE Maths and English pass or above or equivalent
- Customer Service qualifications
- University degree in any discipline
- First Aid certificate
- General office administration experience
- Experience of use full range of Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service experience
- Experience working in a similar position
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well organised
- Able to make rational decisions under pressure
- Responsible and reliable
- Enhanced DBS clearance. Suitability to work with children
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English and Arabic
- Full driving license
- Well organised
- Calm under pressure
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.