To be the front of house Receptionist at LAL London. The role of Receptionist is one of responsibility, directly concerned with greeting and dealing with queries from students, visitors, and tradespersons, with particular emphasis on managing and promoting the LAL leisure programme to students.
- Salary: £17,500 Basic plus bonus
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: LAL London
- Contract length: Permanent
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To manage and promote the Leisure programme for students. Book and liaise with any 3rd party suppliers
- Promote and sell excursions/tours
- Opening and locking up external and internal doors and offices according to the weekly rota.
- Operate switchboard and messages; at the end of each day, ensure all cupboards and the safe are locked.
- Read, file and distribute incoming e-mails and communication; update message boards.
- Manage and distribute incoming and outgoing post; book and liaise with courier companies for collections.
- Greet and deal with queries from students, visitors, and tradespersons, handle incoming deliveries and liaise with service providers.
- Ensure all visitors sign in the visitor’s book and have a badge to wear on arrival.
- Sell purchasable items, such as LAL merchandise, phone credit etc.
- Offer services to students to include: photocopying, sending and receiving faxes, sending out and receiving post.
- Chase and receive payment against student invoices and reconcile cash till.
- Weekly and monthly stock takes; ordering stationery.
- Assist students with LAL Advantage
- Weekly recon of rented course books and student library
- Liaising with service providers (copiers, sanitation etc.).
- Day to day management of Work placements.
- To liaise with, support, and obtain support from other departments as necessary.
- Meet and Greet students on their first day, including the welcome walk of Twickenham.
- Keep the Reception counter and area clean and tidy.
- Prepare reception/student lounge before student’s arrival including the projector/music/TVs at the start and end of the day.
- Carry the welfare phone according to the rota.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Operations Manager and/or School General Manager.
- Any additional duties as required by the business
- Maths and English GCSE pass (or equivalent)
- Office or administrative work
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Computer literate ability to use a range of Microsoft Office programmes specifically Word and Excel
- Methodical approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- To work under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to meet requirements of job
- b) Friendly, courteous and patient and outgoing
- c) Willing and responsive
- d) Approachable
- e) Good telephone manner
- f) Good customer services manner
- g) Positive attitude
- h) Flexible hours required
- i) Ability to work long hours in Summer months
- J) Driving Licence
- K) Enhanced DBS disclosure – clear