To teach English to students from overseas.
- Salary: £16 to £18 per hour Dependant on Experience
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: LAL London
- Contract length: Seasonal
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
· To prepare lessons and teach English to students from overseas across a
· range of levels.
· To set homework appropriate to the student’s course and give feedback.
· To arrange and carry out regular testing and report to academic managers
on progress of students.
· To follow the prescribed syllabus and content of courses, whilst developing
· To attend induction & preparation sessions as required.
· To assist in the placement testing of students and placement as required.
· To maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation, as advised by the
· To induct ALL students with Health & Safety procedures according to LAL’s
· To take responsibility for the overall presentation of the learning
environment and ensure the classroom is prepared in advance of the class
· To submit to periodic classroom observations by line management, the
British Council, ISI or any other interested party.
· To keep abreast of pedagogic innovations in ELT and attend teacher development sessions.
· To attend weekly staff meetings.
· To protect the property and equipment of LAL, maintaining security and
avoiding loss and/or damage.
· To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the General
Manager and/or Senior Teacher and/or Academic Manager.
Education, Training and Knowledge
a) Degree qualification or equivalent (A)
b) CELTA or DELTA or equivalent (A)
Relevant Work experience
a) Experience of foreign cultures (A/I)
Skills and abilities
a) To be able to communicate with international learners of all levels (A/I)
b) Knowledge of the CEFR (A/I)
c) Computer literate (A/I)
a) Team player (A/I)
b) Good customer service manner (A/I)
c) Ability to take personal responsibility in an unexpected situation e.g.
medical emergency (A/I)
d) Good organisational skills (A/I)
e) Enhanced DBS clearance. Suitability
Relevant Work Experience
a) Experience of teaching EFL students in a multi-lingual context (A/I)
b) Experience in exam preparation teaching – Cambridge Suite, IELTS, TOEFL,
TOEIC and Trinity Examinations (A/I)
b) Experience in teaching English for Business (A/I)
Skills and abilities
a) Ability to speak and write in languages other than English (A/I)
b) An interest in Blended Learning and the use of electronic resources (A/I