We are seeking a highly skilled and talented SEO Specialist to play a key role leading the implementation of our company’s new content driven marketing and product mandate. In this role, you will be working with our content team and web developer, utilizing your deep knowledge of SEO to consult on best practices. You will be highly experienced in building extensive content driven website by contributing to the overall content strategy and implementing it. You are specialised in both internal and onsite SEO as well as inbound linking / off-site SEO. You will strategize, implement, optimize and report on SEO campaigns.
You will work collaboratively in a new, fast-paced “start-up-creative-agency hybrid” team, which sits within an established multi-national company, building solutions to empower our digital marketing initiatives.
To apply, you must include a short cover letter and the list of all the SEO related tools you are an *expert* in (this WILL be verified), along with a list of your high success achievements (such as growing a brand new site or sub-SERP 1 to page 1.
Please have past client or job references ready, these will be verified.
Cape Town, South Africa - based at LAL Cape Town School
Head Of Marketing
Hours of work/contract type:
Full time, Permanent
All applicants must include a short cover letter targeted to this post. Tell us how how you will bring value to our projects and why you're a good fit. Applications without a cover letter will be rejected
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Division: LALLC
- Contract length: Permanent
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
Build and integrate our marketing technology stack:
- End-to-End SEO planning and implementation
- On-site SEO
- Comprehensive off-site SEO management
- Manage the SEO for multiple languages
- Collaborate with colleagues from the content and website team
- Constantly stay up to date with Google algorithm developments
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by your line manager
- You will have a strong SEO background and a love for achieving high SERP rankings
- You have succeeded in bringing low ranked websites to first page of SERP results.
- Are up to date with Google algorithm impacts on SEO
- Extensive knowledge of all SEO related tools such as SEMrush
- An extensive list of verifiable success
- SEO specialised training
Experience Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience with SEO campaigns, Google Analytics certification a plus.
- All standard SEO research tools
- Analytics reporting
- SEO strategy creation and planning
- Fluent in English
- High level of written English
- Management of SEO for multiple languages
- Highly organized with an established project management method, to deal with extensive and varied language requirements
- Additional language: French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Korean, Japanese
- Adobe Animate
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver, able to execute vision into final deliverables.
- Excellence-focused attitude, you are very competitive and continuously strive to the best in your field.
- Appreciation for entrepreneurship. Long-term vision. Maturity, patience and strength to see projects through to delivery.
- High-performance mind-set, highly driven, able to handle start-up-like high pressure environment.
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills, with ability to present to senior stake-holders. Personable, sociable and good people skills.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines; with excellent time management skills
- Able to shift projects with changing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly, conduct research, assimilate information and turn thoughts into deliverables.
- Clear-mindedness, determination, sincerity
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All applicants must include a short cover letter targeted to this post. Tell us how how you will bring value to our projects and why you’re a good fit. Applications without a cover letter will be rejected
Please do not use the ‘Apply Online’ option for this job. Please download the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org once completed along with your covering letter.