We are seeking a highly skilled hybrid talent, for the role of Social Media &amp; Content Marketing Manager, to play a key part in the launch of a new company division tasked with transforming a 38 year old international education and tourism company headquartered in London.
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Cape Town or Twickenham
- Division: LAL Language Centres Holding Ltd.
- Contract length: Permanent
You will research, strategize, write and product content that fuels our entire (new) marketing programme in line with our brand refresh. You will grow our social media ranking by actively publishing, promoting and driving engagement around out content, to contribute to the larger mission of restructuring our business-model through innovative, technology driven, content marketing initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, and working closely with the SEO & Digital Marketing Manager, you will be given the opportunity to manage and grow our brand’s social media presence, driving demand for an exciting array of educational and touristic products targeted worldwide! You will be given the opportunity to explore your creative ideas and to make our social media presence stand out! In this role you will be the social media expert within the marketing team, so you will need to be on top of all the newest trends and technologies.
To support your visions becoming reality, you will work with your team consisting of a Creative Director, Video Content Producer, Interactive Designer, Web Developer and translators.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a brand marketer, passionate about social media to join an extremely successful multi-national organisation within the heart of their marketing function. Our offices are located in England, Malta, South Africa and the United States.
- Creating and reporting on content plans, setting KPIs and delivering success
- Creating on-site editorial content, as well as creating and promoting content for social media, newsletters, blogs and beyond.
- Developing, writing and producing branded content with your colleagues, and ensuring all the content is aligned to the brand
- Managing customer feedback and very actively engaging with our audience
- Working closely with the SEO manager to define, manage and implement SEO content across these markets and being able to successfully turn the data into something insightful and game-changing
- Maintaining the content on-site to ensure it is accurate, up to date and appropriate using creative concepts and roll-outs where necessary
- Optimising content on the fly through daily interaction of the audience you will be building up
- Producing innovative ideas for the use of social media
- Optional: Manage paid social media advertising campaigns
The company / context
We are a new marketing initiative created within a long-standing corporate environment, given a mandate to shake up the company and the industry. New talent is being brought in to turn the generic into the remarkable. This means you will be a visionary and have the ability to see through market trends and be able to place us in a bright spotlight of new exposure and building an audience which has never been reached and gained before. We are building an entire creative and marketing department from the ground up, presenting an exciting opportunity to be grabbed with both hands. The challenge to you is the ability to be able to conceptualize the revolutionary and be able to manipulate social platforms into becoming our new playing ground where we can succeed and ultimately you need to have the determination to achieve our mission. We are incubating an internal “ad agency – start-up hybrid”, meaning a new mind-set and new framework. We are building the team to realise this mission. We are not a cool tech start-up or fashion brand, but we bring life-changing value to people in the form of education and inter-cultural experiences. Our clients experience language learning through leisure, (for example imagine touristic and skills-based summer camps but for adults to learn English). We have schools in the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Florida, Boston and New York, with new destinations opening in Canada and China.
The ideal candidate
- Significant proven track record experience in content marketing on social platforms
- You will be expected to write concisely, effectively and – most importantly – ingeniously to bring our products’ stories to life
- A true Social Media Native; you use daily, for work and in personal life : YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Podcasts, WeWe, QQ, Blogs and you understand the nuances of each platform
- You understand the importance of native formats
- Developing a presence on new channels such Snapchat and YouTube.
- Experience in directly overseeing content and publishing plans on key social and emerging media platforms for our company and brand
- Experience in Community Management
- Experience Managing content in multiple languages
- Passionate for and in-tune with the latest content marketing trends, thought leaders and trend setters
- Commercial experience with content marketing and demonstrable ability to create content plans based on imperial data
- Understanding of, or experience dealing with, Influencer: Finding, influencers/blogs/ sites with whom to establish a collaboration, deciding nature/form of collaboration and contacting them
- Good understanding of SEO, PR, UX, and how today’s media landscape works “behind the scenes”
- Bonus: you write and speak and additional global language at native level.
A strategic thinker, creative problem solver, able to execute vision into final deliverables.
Excellence-focused attitude, you are very competitive and continuously strive to the best in your field.
Appreciation for entrepreneurship. Long-term vision. Maturity, patience and strength to see projects through to delivery. You are personally driven to outwork everyone. You are obsessed with being on the cutting edge and pushing boundaries. You strive to be an innovator, and to win awards for your work.
Extremely sharp, high-performance mind-set, highly driven, able to handle high pressured environments, self-motivated and able to work independently. Must be an excellent communicator with an outgoing, charismatic personality.
Excellent time management, ability to prioritise time and resources efficiently and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
Genuine interest or ability to line manage, mentor and lead. Emotional Intelligence and communications skills are as crucial to this role as your craft. We seek a personable, professional, ego-free team-player, who enjoys both leading but being of service to the bigger picture.
Location and schedule
Sea Point, Cape Town, South Africa / Twickenham, Greater London, England
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying. You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.