LAL have agreed to advertise and recruit up to 4 CELTA Teacher Trainers to work at the Meten Training facility in Shenzhen. Meten International Education &amp; Technology Co Ltd will be responsible for providing Trainers with employment corresponding to the terms and specifications advertised by LAL in job offers and other publicity and documentation relating to the recruitment and engagement of such individuals.
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: China
- Division: LAL
- Contract length: Permanent
- Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Person Specification:
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
Delivery of CELTA Teacher Training Courses
- Deliver CELTA teacher training sessions to groups including existing teachers who don’t have a recognised qualification and trainees with limited or no teaching experience
- Process application forms and interview potential CELTA course candidates
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks as required by Cambridge Assessment English
- Develop, design and maintain all necessary materials related to the CELTA courses – including hand-outs and assignments
- Carry out the tasks and duties expected of a CELTA Trainer to ensure participants are successful and achieve their goals
- Track and review trainee progress maintaining accurate records of assessment, attendance and punctualit
- Organise Assessor visits at the end of each CELTA course and manage grading meetings
- Provide leadership in relation to specific aspects of the CELTA provision
Non-CELTA academic duties
- Mentor newly recruited teaching staff and to instruct and support them in the academic and administrative processes of the school, including all areas of health and safety.
- Identify training needs and assist the Teaching Department with staff training and development.
- Assist with teacher observations, feedback and administration
- Assist if necessary in the development of new and existing courses by researching materials, designing course plans, training and responding to feedback as directed by the Senior Director of Academic Department
- Liaise with external organisations to promote CELTA
- Assist with the design and creation of publicity materials as required
- Behave in a courteous and professional manner with colleagues and clients at all times.
- Deliver a high level of customer service to both existing and prospective students at all times.
- Be familiar with good health and safety practices and to respect any such relevant codes of conduct
- Be available to travel to other regions in China if required by the Senior Director of Academic Department
- Honours degree
- DELTA or postgraduate teaching qualification (such as PGCE)
- Recognised by Cambridge Assessment English as a CELTA teacher trainer
- 5 years post DELTA experience
- Good track record as lead teacher trainer on CELTA (or similar) courses in UK or overseas
- Experience of evaluating standards of teaching and learning and ensuring standards are maintained
- Abreast of current educational thinking, research and initiatives
- Teaching experience overseas (especially in China)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Computer literate and able to use a range of Microsoft Office programmes specifically Word and Excel
- Able to use AV equipment (IWBs, Smart TVs etc)
- Methodical approach
- Attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality and work with discretion
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to sustained continuing professional development
- Ability to work within company policies and with an awareness of equal opportunities
- Ability to work constructively and lead teams if required
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Good personal time management
- Ability to support and coach people, assess their work and manage resources
- Flexible hours required
- Ability to work long hours if required
Additional Visa requirements
- Criminal record check for home countries (authenticated by the Chinese Embassy in the country)
To apply please follow the instructions below, or alternatively send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet the requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
You can apply on-line using the link below, or download and complete an application form.